Vacancy/Job title: Account Executive
Golley Slater are looking for an Account Executive to join our thriving response marketing agency.
We're looking for an ambitious Account Executive, who has a keen interest and experience within responsive marketing (both on and offline). The role will be based within the agency’s established client services team and will play a significant part in the day to day running of one of the agency’s key accounts. This role would be perfect for a graduate who has an interest in responsive marketing wanting to start their career.
About the role
At Golley Slater no day is the same, you will be expected to support the client services team by assisting in the management and smooth running of the account, ensuring the agency process is followed and work is delivered to client on time, to a high standard.
You will be comfortable building strong relationships and happy to converse with clients on a daily/weekly basis. As well as working on first class campaigns, you will also be expected to help manage the upkeep of the account by ensuring administration tasks and financials are kept up to date.
You will be keen to rise to the challenge of working on a busy, fast paced account, dealing with multiple tasks and deadlines on a daily/weekly basis. Organisation skills and attention to detail are a must.
Who are we on the lookout for?
We pride ourselves on our friendly working environment and team moral, so the successful candidate must hold similar characteristics. Working within a small(ish) team, its crucial to be a team player and have the ability to communicate to all members of the team (junior and senior). You will be confident at problem solving, hardworking and keen to learn.
We’re looking for someone who is enthusiastic, dedicated and proactive within their day-to-day routine. You’ll love your job, enjoy working closely with the people around you, and won’t be afraid to ask questions. If you’re confident, personable and energetic you’ll fit in well.
You will also be ambitious, enjoy learning and have a natural curiosity and determination to keep improving both yourself and the solutions you deliver for your clients.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Support the client services team in the successful running of the account, taking responsibility for designated tasks and actions.
- Be aware of and operate within agency procedures, the approval process and sign off. Never be too scared to ask questions!
- Have an understanding of putting together a timing schedule and liaising with all parties to ensure smooth, on time delivery. For example, artwork deadlines for print runs, studio time and approval processes.
- Ensure all client/ supplier correspondence is fully documented and filed correctly.
- Organise and set up internal, client and supplier meetings ensuring clear communication to other colleagues with actions following the call/meeting.
- Ensure the administration of a job is organised and kept up to date. This includes raising job numbers, filing accordingly and saving relevant correspondence on the system.
- Occasionally attend client meetings, taking notes of key actions and agreements to create a contact report after.
- Brief external suppliers, file quotes accordingly and develop working relationships with them.
- Create and maintain status reports across all clients in this portfolio – supporting your line manager in managing and updating these ongoing.
Artwork and digital assets
- Learn to be comfortable creating and briefing artwork teams on a new project (with the help and oversight of your line manager).
- Schedule resource accordingly within the agency traffic system in line with timing plans.
- Debrief feedback and amends into the studio team.
- Understand the creative process and assist in the approval process, particularly helping proof read work before it goes to client.
Digital and Print production
- Have an understanding of the print production process from briefing to wet proofs.
- Brief external suppliers as required on new jobs, collate quotes and create client estimate
- Collate supplier timings, create and manage ongoing through the project timing plans and project output accordingly.
- Have an understanding of digital production email, advertising and social media assets.
- Have an interest in learning/deepening knowledge of data and data processing.
- Ability to liaise (with supervision) with data agencies.
- Interested to become involved in data management process relating to email, PAM and DM.
- Interested to be part of the team planning the strategic approach to data purchase and PCA.
- Have a commercial understanding of how financials work i.e. quotes, POs and invoices.
- Help ensure administration tasks behind all the finances are kept up to date.
- Assist team in creating quotes, raising POs and invoices monthly
- Populate and manage financial forecasts with AM (with the help and oversight of the AM).
- Manage (with supervision) complex annual budgets
- Take a complete oversight on the upkeep of the administration behind all jobs including filing within our Workbook system archiving and storage of materials.
Skills & Experience
- Educated to degree level with a passion for responsive marketing.
- Adaptable and calm under pressure.
- A confident communicator with an enthusiastic, can-do attitude.
- Able to prioritise a large workload and work to tight timings.
- Highly organised, methodical and obsessive attention to detail.
- Commercial understanding and confident with numbers.
What’s in it for you?
There will be potential for involvement in other accounts within the agency, and the opportunity to broaden your skill set and knowledge development from day one – gaining experience with building and developing strong client and agency relationships.
Because we are a small team everyone is very hands on which means the most senior people work with you and are not hidden away in offices. That means, when you need their support you will get it, and they will see what you’re capable of. We’re a friendly bunch of people and although we work hard we do aim to have fun along the way. We work in wonderful offices in the Gloucestershire countryside (with lots of parking) – the views are amazing, whatever the weather.
If this sounds like a role you'd be perfect for, then please apply!
For information on how we use your data, please see our Privacy Notice