New Business Manager
Vacancy/Job title: New Business Manager
Golley Slater are looking for a New Business Manager to join their integrated creative agency.
The New Business Manager will play an instrumental role in the growth of Golley Slater with a focus on the management and delivery of new business for our Cardiff agency. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about new business, loves the challenge of responding to briefs, identifying opportunities and is motivated by delivering results.
They’ll be experienced leading new business pitches, running or coordinating pitch teams that brings together strategists, creatives and account handlers to deliver results, as well as tailoring and presenting credentials to potential new prospects. It’s important they also have an eye for detail and are excellent writers – as a big part of our new business programme is responding to tenders and RFPs that require the processing, writing and sharing of a lot of information.
What you will be doing:
The role will have three clear components.
- Reactive management of incoming new business opportunities. (70%)
- Proactive outreach to identify new business opportunities (15%)
- Liaison with the wider Golley Slater marketing team to help generate new business leads (15%)
Reactive management of incoming new business opportunities.
We get a lot of new business opportunities that come to us so an important part of the role is assessing these opportunities to make recommendations about what we do and don’t go for. Once we decide what to go for, the second element of this will be leading on the response – identifying who else needs to contribute and then taking responsibility for pulling together all the component parts to ensure we deliver impressive responses in a timely manner. This is more than coordination of other contributors and will require active drafting of pitch documents – e.g. answers to questions, case studies and financials.
Proactive outreach to identify new business opportunities
This will be a more strategic and proactive approach to identifying opportunities in key areas of business interest. Working closely with our wider new business team, you’ll seek to open doors and get us opportunities to meet target businesses to present our credentials and get on pitch lists. This will also involve the ongoing development of our credentials.
Liaison with the wider Golley Slater marketing team
We have a company wider marketing programme that seeks to raise our profile and drive new business leads. You will liaise with this team ensuring that their focus and content outputs align with our strategic new business requirements.
The essential skills and experience you need to be successful in the role are:
- Previous experience needs to be in the marketing sector
- New business experience is essential, with a track record of winning new business
- A genuine passion for all aspects of new business
- A track record of winning new business
- Excellent understanding of the marketing mix – Golley Slater is an integrated marketing agency that works across paid, earned, shared and owned channels.
- A love of bringing teams together
- Enjoys working to deadlines
- Strong writing abilities
- Excellent attention to detail
For information on how we use your data, please see our Privacy Notice