PR Account Director
Vacancy/Job title: PR Account Director
Golley Slater are looking for a PR Account Director to join our thriving integrated marketing team.
As a PR Account Director, you will be the strategic, creative and client lead of a team – responsible for developing strategic client programmes, creative solutions and directing the implementation of the programme. You will lead the client relationship and oversee the team’s implementation of PR, social and content campaigns across our client portfolio.
The role is a senior member of the team – with responsibilities beyond the direction of client work. You will be responsible for the financial management of the portfolio, ensuring it is profitable and growing; overseeing the associated forecasting of revenue and time; and broader team management. The role would be perfect for an experience Senior Account Manager or established Account Director with agency experience looking to progress their career.
What you will be doing:
- Leading the strategic and creative development of client PR and social programmes and accounts, demonstrating channel agnostic thinking
- Overseeing the PR and social campaigns from creative brief to implementation and delivery – including ensuring high quality outputs
- You will be an expert in what makes an engaging story/ piece of content and how to develop creative that works
- Leading client events (e.g., exhibitions, award ceremonies, stunts, press conferences)
- Developing senior media contacts as well as key commentators, influencers, and industry spokespeople.
- Leading brainstorms and share creative inspiration from external sources
- Monitoring industry and external climate to advise on PR strategy and positioning
- Identifying emerging issues that may affect the client’s organisation and advise on appropriate response
- You will be the key senior contact for PR and social clients, responsible for managing the overall relationship between the client and the agency
- Managing the strategic development of client business, proactively seeking opportunities to enhance business understanding and creating new business opportunities
- Leading a team – motivating them to deliver excellent work and giving account juniors clear ownership of programme elements
- Identify, develop and convert existing client briefs – developing strategically sound and creatively impactful responses that deliver results and value
- Take responsibility for the financial performance of your client portfolio including an ability to build and manage a profitable budget, accurately forecast your work and revenue and accurate delivery of job reconciliations.
The essential skills and experience you need to be successful in the role are:
- Experience of working within a PR/integrated agency environment (at least 4 years)
- Be able to understand the role that PR plays at a strategic level and provide counsel to senior clients about their marketing challenges and opportunities
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of PR and social media practices as well as a good understanding of other disciplines including advertising, content marketing, branding and design, media planning and buying, and the role that each one plays in the marketing mix
- Can demonstrate ability to plan and deliver earned-led integrated PR and social campaigns
- Proven ability as a writer and editor e.g. media materials such as features, scripts, new business presentations etc.
- The ability to be adaptable and calm under pressure
- A confident communicator with an enthusiastic, can-do attitude
- Commercial understanding and confident with numbers
- Be curious with a passion for learning and professional growth
In return, we’ll give you the chance to build on these skills so you can advance your career with support and collaboration among a team who like to have fun as well as work hard. If this sounds like you, then please apply!
For information on how we use your data, please see our Privacy Notice