PR and Marketing Communications Manager
Vacancy/Job title: PR and Marketing Communications Manager
Golley Slater are looking for a PR and Marketing Communications Manager to join our thriving integrated agency.
As the Marketing Communications Manager, you will be responsible for the marketing of the Golley Slater brand, managing the planning and implementation of our PR, social media and content creation campaigns for the Golley Slater business.
The role is multi-faceted but your ability to plan and manage a PR campaign, implement social media activity across all our social media channels, and develop creative content and assets, is paramount. You will also be involved with industry networking and profile-raising activities, such as thought leadership, events and awards entries, to raise the profile of Golley Slater and generate coverage in media channels.
Your day-to-day role will include media relations, creative writing, campaign planning, project management, managing internal relationships, research, measuring and evaluating activity, budget management and marketing administration.
What you will be doing:
- Develop and deliver a PR strategy for Golley Slater targeting industry, national and regional media and events, as well as the potential of new channels and technologies (podcasts/ online media etc).
- Develop, manage and deliver an always-on content strategy for Golley Slater – demonstrating an ability to write informatively and persuasively for diverse audiences and platforms e.g., media materials such as features and news releases, content scripts, social media posts, case studies, award entries etc.
- Manage and analyse our social media platforms to maximise reach and engagement whilst adopting a role of brand guardian on those channels
- Provide PR for the Golley Slater brand and the individual business units within the Golley Slater
- Help lead the creative development of the Golley Slater brand, PR and social programmes, organising planning sessions, brainstorms and sharing ideas
- Establish positive internal relationships with the Golley Slater businesses and client teams, through regular telephone, email and face-to-face contact
- Help to organise our involvement in industry events (e.g., exhibitions and award ceremonies), and attend when required
- Ensure the consistency and continued development of the Golley Slater brand in all our marketing activity.
The essential skills and experience you need to be successful in the role are:
- At least 5 years’ experience working in an agency or client-side marketing communications (PR and social) role.
- Understand the role of owned channels – websites/intranets etc.
- Demonstrate an ability to analyse and evaluate results and sharing learnings for our future marketing communications work.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills, anticipating needs and responding swiftly to internal requirements.
- Strong project management skills, ideally with experience in managing projects with multiple internal stakeholders.
In return, we’ll give you the chance to build on these skills so you can advance your career with support and collaboration among a team who like to have fun as well as work hard. If this sounds like you, then please apply!
For information on how we use your data, please see our Privacy Notice