Job title: Senior Advertising Account Executive
About the role
We are looking for an ambitious Senior Account Executive who can manage some of our high-profile clients, fit within our hard-working and passionate team and thrive within a fast-paced, high energy, environment.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a thriving agency in the heart of Cardiff city centre and work alongside a hugely talented account team comprising an Account Director, Account Manager, and an Account Executive, who drive forward some of the agency’s biggest clients. As a Senior Account Executive, you’ll have a minimum of 12 months’ previous experience working in a marketing or design related role. You’ll have significant responsibility in a highly productive team, to liaise with our clients and manage our internal teams to deliver integrated multi-channel campaigns.
Reporting to the Account Manager in one of our client service teams, you’ll play a key role in ensuring that all our client briefs are delivered to the client’s satisfaction and the expected quality, time and price. This is a wide-ranging and varied role that will see you getting involved in every aspect of external client liaison and internal team management. You’ll take a proactive approach to managing client requirements and you’ll help your client service team to deliver a right first-time service to our clients.
This position will be exciting, fast-paced and varied – so you will need to be able to turn your hand to a number of activities. Although not an exhaustive list, these responsibilities will include:
• Liaise with client both verbally, in writing and face-to-face.
• Work as directed by your Account Manager, taking responsibility for every task and action. Be aware of and operate within Agency procedures, the approval process and sign off. Work to pre-agreed
timings, to deliver client briefs at the required quality, time and price.
• Review all work in progress at the start of each day and prioritise workload based on your client’s and team’s deadlines.
• Keep your Account Manager and the team in the loop on project progress and copy them on all correspondence.
• Use Agency formats for all correspondence. Use appropriate tone in all conversations and email. Where necessary, seek Account Manager approval.
• Write contact reports within 24 hours, which are legally binding, so detail is important. Approval from Account Manager needed prior to distribution.
• Ensure all client and supplier correspondence is fully documented and filed correctly.
• Operate within Agency finance system. Complete paperwork and admin as directed by Account Manager and the team.
• Responsible for ‘Status Reports’ – ensuring information is received on time and issued to the client to agreed deadlines – see Account Manager approval.
• Take responsibility for scheduling requirements with Production team
• Provide support and assistance in the creative development process – e.g. background research, sourcing requirements etc.
• Learn the skills needed to write outstanding briefs.
• Support creative team and account manager in actions arising from creative meetings, with responsibility for making things happen.
• Learn the skills needed to assess creative work across all channels.
Artwork and Production
• Schedule, co-ordinate and prepare information required for artwork and pre-production briefs/meetings.
• Schedule and co-ordinate artwork WIP via weekly scheduling procedures.
• Manage ad brief artwork author’s corrections as WIP.
• Maintain full and comprehensive paper trail for all artwork versions. File with relevant artwork copies.
• Ensure all artwork approvals are secured in writing from internal departments, client, legal third parties as required.
• Take responsibility for proof reading. Follow Agency guidelines & procedures.
• Ensure full and comprehensive paper trail for all purchasing.
Client, Competitor and Industry Monitoring
• Become an expert in your clients’ business.
• Ongoing awareness of client and competitive, products, market developments, promotions, advertising and news. Compile competitive reviews when required.
• Assist on new business when required with competitor and market reviews.
• Implement best practice and ensure accurate records are maintained.
• Operate within the Agency finance system. Complete paperwork and administration as directed by line manager.
• Ensure purchase orders are raised with relevant details included at time of purchasing.
• Ensure that the finance system is kept up to date with all committed cost and purchase orders. Raise and maintain client job number lists as needed.
• Update client and internal status reports and ensure prompt distribution.
• Set up meeting rooms, organise coffee/tea requirements for meetings and clear up after meetings.
• Be responsible for prompt project filing, archiving and storage of materials.
• Develop and maintain good working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and financial packages.
• Maintain a client guard book with up to date project case studies and files of project samples.
• Support new business team requirements with case studies and materials.
About you – Knowledge, skills and experience
You must have experience in:
• Working in a marketing or design related role for 12 months.
• Independent responsibility on clients with guidance from your line manager.
• Experienced in developing client/customer relationships.
• Comfortable when presenting to different audiences.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Highly organised, project management and planning to meet deadlines.
• Detail orientated with high quality standards.
• Motivated and energetic with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
• Working in a busy team, a challenging workload, and fast-paced environment.
• Being proactive to find solutions to any challenges that may occur.
• Flexibility to fit with clients’ and your teams’ requirements.
• Supporting the company culture, values and positioning.
• MS Office, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
You will ideally have:
• Able to engage to positively influence colleagues and stakeholders of all levels.
• Confident in your numerical and mathematical skills.
• Excellent prioritisation and a willingness to innovate.
• Collaborative with all internal teams and stakeholders.
• Proactive to stay one step of all required actions.
• Committed to your own personal development.
• Experience in Basecamp, Googledocs or Trello will be an advantage.
If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you!
For information on how we use your data, please see our Privacy Notice