Job title: Senior SQL Developer
We are recruiting for a talented Senior SQL Developer who can deliver the following core objectives:
1. Maintain current BAU requirements in terms of maintaining and providing technical support to the existing SQL database which in turn supports the day to day needs of the business and its commitment to performance from existing clients.
2. Initiate system changes which help the business achieve its desired efficiency and effectiveness targets. These changes will form part of the wider business transformation plan and will be expected to be delivered over short, medium and long-term timescales with clear KPI’s and measures of improvement outlined across each change.
Given the latter objective covers a very broad scope, Golley Slater PRM consider this to be a very exciting role for a SQL developer who has good innovation skills and strong ambition to help guide the business through this change cycle. The position will therefore form an integral part of the business management team and carry strong opportunities for progression both from a technical and career viewpoint.
Objective 1 – Maintain BAU Requirements.
• In respect of the current system, maintain and develop robust and effective system and processes to improve call centre agent productivity; client deliverables and insights.
• To take responsibility for all data handling within the agency. Ensuring compliance with policies and procedures of GS; to ensure processes are monitored, reviewed,
developed and implemented; to ensure continued compliance with legislation (e.g. GDPR) and client contracts.
• Improving and maintaining the in-house performance data warehouse.
• Ensuring the business is provided with key information upon which to identify and make improvement to both operational and technical solutions. As a minimum, this would include SSRS reports to track performance counters, top queries, wait and I/O statistics, redundant/inefficient indexes, job times and database file growth.
• Updating a data performance CRM package utilising SQL, SSIS, SSRS & Visual Studio
• To provide insightful, easy to understand and dynamic dashboards for client campaigns. Including, building bespoke reporting dashboards and ad-hoc reports via SSRS or Excel and Excel Data Model
• Manage and maintain the SQL environment in a manner to ensure maximum business system uptime is achieved.
• Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security
• Establish and document a continuous improvement and monitoring program in relation to the SQL and database environment
• Establish a pro-active management approach to the SQL Environment
• Participate in code reviews with the team and your line manager on a monthly basis and provide feedback and guidance to the business to identify if efficiencies can be gained from analysing our current scripts and stored procedures
• Analyse, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution
• Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours
• Setting up SQL maintenance plans, database level backup strategies, local contingency and disaster recovery procedures.
• Troubleshooting, checklists and recovery of critical system databases.
• Provide Data transformation for on-boarding of our new clients.
Objective 2 – Deliver Transformation Improvements
• Undertake critical evaluation of the existing system in line with the Transformation Plan and objectives and work closely with the Golley Slater B2B Leadership team to outline system improvements over a short, medium and long-term timescales.
• The above will outline exactly where improvements can be made and what the expected impact would be of the change (in light of efficiency gains and effectiveness outputs).
• This plan should also consider how a prototype (housing all of the required changes and improvements) could be built and tested parallel to the BAU system.
• This plan will also include what investments (software, resource etc) the business would need to make to deliver the changes.
Required Skills and Experience
• Strong skills with Microsoft SQL Server 2014 – 2016
• Strong in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) for ETL and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) for report generation
• Demonstration of experience of change management is preferable
• Understanding and experience in creating and modifying various database objects; Tables, Views, Procedures and Functions etc
• Understanding and hands on experience of SQL Server administration
• Proficient in T-SQL and advanced T-SQL functions
• Working knowledge of SQL monitoring and management programs
• Refine & automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
• Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
• The right candidate should have commercial experience within an IT SQL support environment and / or has gained industry recognized IT support qualifications.
• Experience in using the MS office Suite, in particular MS Excel
• Planning and performing major upgrades of SQL Server, Windows and data migrations
• Proficient in developing web form applications using Asp.Net & C#
Desired Skills and Experience
• Experience of the full SQL BI Stack SSRS, SSIS and SSAS
• Experience of the MS PowerBI suite
• ITIL or other project management tools
• Using APIs to securely exchange information between systems and parties (e.g. clients).
If you are interested, please apply via the link below and submit a copy of your CV and cover letter.
For information on how we use your data, please see our Privacy Notice