The University of Cumbria is a leading university based in Lancaster who position themselves as a thriving, lead player in delivering professional higher-level learning.
In Autumn 2019, The University of Cumbria's challenge was ensuring conversion of attendees of their open days, as well as understanding why applicants weren't attending open days.
The Golley Slater Solution:
We were appointed by the University to support direct engagement with applicants, with the ultimate aim of confirming a number of outcomes, including:
- Was the individual still interested in attending an open day?
- Was the individual considering the University as a choice?
We contacted individuals on behalf of the University to gather key pieces of intelligence, including experiential feedback of the open days, what their future plans were, and their propensity to consider the University as an option for future study.
In just four weeks, we provided a one-to-one engagement for over 100 individuals who prior to the campaign would not have received the level of personal engagement, and were not responding to other digital touchpoints. Of the conversations that took place:
- 37 individuals confirmed attending the open day
- 26 individuals were booked onto a new open day
- 52 individuals confirmed they were planning to enrol for September 2020