Job title: Media Planner
We’re looking for a Media Planner to join our team in Cardiff.
As a Media Planner, you will be an integral part of the planning and strategy team. As part of your role you’ll identify which media platforms are best matched to our clients’ objectives and target audiences with the aim of maximising the impact and effectiveness of advertising campaigns. Using your knowledge of the media landscape, research, and media planning tools, you will develop appropriate strategies and media plans ensuring that campaigns are delivered in line with the brief, within budget and to deadline.
This role is perfect for an experienced Junior Planner with agency experience looking to take the next step in their career.
What you will be doing:
• Working with the client and the account teams to understand the client’s business objectives and advertising strategy
• Liaising with the creative agency team, clients and consumers to develop media strategies and campaigns
• Working on several projects at the same time, often for several different clients
• Making decisions on the best form of media for specific clients and campaigns
• Undertaking research and analyse data using specialist industry resources
• Identifying target audiences and analyse their characteristics, behaviour and media habits
• Presenting proposals, including cost schedules, to clients
• Recommending the most appropriate types of media to use, as well as the most effective time spans and locations
• Working with colleagues, other departments and media buyers either in-house or in a specialist agency
• Making and maintaining good contacts with media owners, such as newspapers, magazines and websites
• Managing client relationships to build respect and gain their trust in your judgement
• Evaluating the effectiveness of campaigns to inform future ones.
The essential skills and experience you need to be successful in the role are:
• At least 2 years’ experience working in an integrated agency environment in a comparable role
• You will need broadcast and digital media channel expertise and an understanding of how best to create omni-channel marketing campaigns that resonate with target audiences.
• You will need to be analytically minded with the ability to work as part of a team and be able to maintain strong working relationships with media owners and colleagues and clients alike.
• You will need to be be data driven with the capacity for research, in order to analyse market trends, competitor activity and audience behaviour.
• Be able to communicate confidently across all levels, with clients and internally
• Be able to apply creative thinking to business problems
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong project management skills, with experience of managing multiple stakeholders and working to tight deadlines
• Be curious with a passion for self-development and professional growth
Some of our benefits include:
25 days annual leave plus bank holiday
Birthday day off
Enhanced maternity, adoption and paternity leave pay
Enhanced sick pay
Compassionate leave policies, including paid pregnancy loss leave
Employee assistance programme including access to free counselling sessions
Life and service milestone awards
Hybrid working and core hours (10 to 4)
Life assurance (4 times annual salary)
Option to buy extra holiday
Pension scheme (5% employee, 3% employer)
In return, we’ll give you the chance to build on these skills and advance your career with support and collaboration among a team who like to have fun as well as work hard. If this sounds like you then please apply!
For information on how we use your data, please see our Privacy Notice